Your Furnace Maintenance Questions Answered
Winter is here and maintenance is important in keeping your furnace operating efficiently and reliably until it warms up, again. The HVAC experts at A-Abel are here to help answer your most commonly asked furnace maintenance questions. We want to help you take proper care of your furnace so it can keep your home warm and cozy for the rest of the winter.
For the first article of our furnace maintenance questions series: click here.
Question #4: What DIY furnace tune-up tasks can homeowners perform?
In addition to having an expert HVAC technician perform annual preventative furnace maintenance, there are a few things you can do to ensure your HVAC system functions well throughout the year.
- Change out or clean your furnace filter regularly. You can refer to the manufacturer’s recommendations or contact A-Abel if you’re unsure about how often your should be changing out your filter.
- Keep the area around your furnace clear. Your furnace requires adequate airflow to function properly. When items and debris are piled around your furnace, airflow can become blocked – causing your furnace to perform inefficiently
- Clean registers throughout your home to get rid of dirt and debris. This prevents such contaminants from circulating through your home and clogging your filter – which reduces your indoor air quality
- Replace the water panel in your home humidifier. Check the manufacturer’s instructions for how often your should do this. This allows your humidifier to perform at it’s best – allowing moisture to stay properly balanced throughout winter
- Test your carbon monoxide detectors monthly. Replace the batteries on your detectors at least once a year.
Set your programmable thermostat for winter. Select the best temperature that will keep you and your family comfortable while also conserving energy.
For help or more advice on what you should do to keep your furnace working smoothly through winter, contact A-Abel.