HVAC Maintenance Checklist For An Efficient HVAC System
You’re not likely like drive your car 100,000 miles without changing the oil. Yet when it comes to maintaining an efficient HVAC system, you might not be as diligent in ensuring your system is working properly. HVAC maintenance is the best way to keep your system running at peak performance for years to come. While pre-season maintenance is always encouraged, it’s never too late to get your HVAC in tip-top shape.
Hiring an HVAC service and repair company to identify and correct your system each fall and spring is the best way to ensure an efficient HVAC system is maintained. From inspection to cleaning to repairs, technicians will be able to prolong the life of your HVAC unit and help increase its efficiency. Schedule your fall HVAC tune-up today to save big on your fall and winter energy bills.
Maintain An Efficient HVAC System
Increase your HVAC unit life and efficiency with these simple steps:
- Buy a high-efficiency pleated air filter (if able)
- Keep your outdoor air conditioner free of leaves, grass, and debris
- Clear at least 2’ of space around your outdoor HVAC unit(s)
Later (Monthly or Seasonally)
- Inspect refrigerant lines each month
- Clean or replace your air filter at least every 90 days
- In the summer, turn off water to the furnace humidifier
- In the fall, replace the humidifier filter and turn on water
Much Later (Annually)
- Replace your carbon monoxide detector battery
- Ensure your outdoor AC unit is on firm and level ground
- Clear AC condensate drain with a bleach/water mixture
For help with maintaining the efficiency of your HVAC unit, don’t hesitate to call a professional HVAC technician from A-Abel. We’re here to help… Because it’s always something!